Home WORLD Manchester Arena bomber “should be identified as a threat” | British News

Manchester Arena bomber “should be identified as a threat” | British News

0

[ad_1]

A report on the May 2017 attack stated that it “missed an opportunity” to prevent or mitigate its “damaging impact.”

The night the suicide bomber Salman Abedi detonated the explosive device at the Manchester Arena in England should be identified as a security threat, as thousands of people were leaving Ariana Grande (Ariana Grande). Grande) concert, the public investigation into the fatal attack in 2017 has ended.

Investigation chairman John Sanders said on Thursday that on the night of the explosion, the head of security at the site in northwest England “missed many opportunities” to prevent its “damaging effects”.

The explosion on May 22, 2017 killed 22 people and injured hundreds.

The incident occurred when Salman Abedi, who was born in Manchester, was killed in an explosion. He walked through the hallway of the arena city room to the gate and detonated the shrapnel filled in his bulging backpack installation.

Sanders said that if he encounters security personnel, Abedi is likely to still detonate his device, but adds that if this is the case, “the loss of life and injury is likely to be less.”

“I came to the conclusion that the security provided by the organizations responsible for this is seriously flawed, and there are also some people’s mistakes and mistakes,” he told the families of the deceased gathered in Manchester Magistrates Court.

But he also made it clear that the impact of the attack was the responsibility of Abedi and his brother Hashim, who helped him plan the attack.

“When considering the errors and deficiencies raised in the report, one must first consider that the responsibility for what happened and for causing so many deaths and serious injuries lies with the suicide bomber Salman Abedi and his brother Hash Hm, he assisted him in the preparation work,” he said.

Abedi’s brother was sentenced to life in prison last year for playing an “indispensable role” in the attack.

Safety fault

Since September last year, Manchester has been conducting hearings on the cause of the bombing and surrounding circumstances.

Thursday’s report focuses on security failures related to the attack and is the first of three reports released by the investigation.

It concluded that Abedi “should be identified as a…threatening by those responsible for the safety and destructive intervention of the arena.”

The report criticized the actions of Manchester Arena operator SMG, security provider Showsec and the British traffic police on the night of the explosion.

Investigators heard that at the end of the performance, a British traffic police officer should have appeared in the foyer of the arena, where the bomb detonated, but no one was present.

A security guard at Showsec also told the investigation that when he saw Abedi about five minutes before the attack at 10:31 in the evening, he had a “bad feeling” but did not approach him because he was afraid Be “branded as a racist”. His hunch is wrong.

“I’m not sure what to do,” said Kyle Lawler, who was 18 when the attack occurred.

“I don’t want people to think that I have a stereotype of him because of his race.”

Lawler said he had tried to send a signal to the control room via radio, but he gave up because the radio traffic could not be connected.

A member of the public reported to security 15 minutes before Abedi detonated his bomb, which was full of 3,000 nuts and bolts.

Thursday’s report stated that the person felt he was “deceived” and described the incident as the “most shocking missed opportunity” to prevent or mitigate the attack.



[ad_2]

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here